Since the beginning of the lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic, SLCSS has been part of a Covid-19 Bereavement Counselling Network in partnership with Bexley CCG and Greenwich/Bexley Community Hospice.
We have been working with other voluntary sector groups to provide loss and bereavement counselling for families across the two boroughs. We are currently supporting this work by diverting some effort used to support victims of knife and gun crimes in the borough.
We will be developing an online/telephone support systems for BAME families affected by Covid-19 and lockdown that will comprise the following:
- Culturally sensitive loss and bereavement counselling and support
- Emotional and mental health support arising from confinement
- Readily accessible official guidance and information on Covid-19 and public health measures in different languages for communities whose first language is not English (we will build a library of translated material/ access reliable telephone translations, wherever needed working appropriate
- Regular contact with support workers and volunteers via telephone to “check” on affected families and provide practical help with shopping / food / laundry, etc.
SLC Services continues to monitor the latest developments associated with the global spread of Coronavirus – COVID-19. Since the outbreak began, we have strictly adhered to the latest safety procedures based on various Local and National orders, guidelines and recommendations.
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our clients and our teams.
We hope to make the following difference to these communities at what is an exceptional crisis.
- BAME communities will feel supported in the short, medium and long term impact of the pandemic
- BAME communities will be better able to cope with their loss and bereavement through culturally sensitive counselling and support
- BAME communities will feel better informed about public health measures and how to comply with such measures and access other help
- BAME communities will be able to maintain their emotional and mental health wellbeing through appropriate counselling and support
You can contact SLC Services regarding availability and scheduling by emailing email@example.com. Please note, given the current volume of support requests, the response time is 5-7 days for email queries.
Employees are provided face masks, hand sanitizers, and antibacterial wipes.
Signage regarding PPE requirements and safe distancing protocol is displayed prominently throughout the premises.
High-touch areas, including but not limited to keyboards, desktops, chair handles, check-in stations, door handles, and writing instruments are sanitised after each use.