Job Title: Part time Mentor/Link Worker
Location: Lee Green (Royal Borough of Greenwich)
Reporting to: Clinical Supervisor
Salary: £30 per hour
Working hours: 2 hours per week x 52 weeks for 3years (Flexible hours required including evenings and weekends)
Project Name: Brighter Future
Youth workers respond to the needs and interest of young people and work in a range of environments, using many methods, ranging from organising recreational activities to providing informal guidance and advice. Some work in outreach, making contact with young people outside organised youth activities
· Managing and administering youth and community projects and resources;
· Respond to the needs and interest of young people and work in a range of environments
· Organizing recreational activities and providing guidance, information and advice
· Assessing the needs of young people, and planning and delivering programmes related to areas such as wellbeing, fitness, mental health issues, relationships, bullying and managing budgets
· Running arts-based activities, community/environmental projects, residential activities, outdoor education and sporting activities;
· Mentoring and supporting individuals to encourage social inclusion;
· Undertaking administrative tasks, verifying information and responding to queries;
· Meeting, liaising and networking with police, citizens advice bureau, educational establishments, social services, Youth Offending Teams (see the Youth Justice Board for England and Wales) and other agencies to address issues and promote opportunities for young people;
· Working with parents and community groups to win support for improved provision and acting as an advocate for young people’s interests;
· Drawing up business plans, writing reports and making formal presentations to funding bodies.
· Diploma or BA in Social Science or Human Services or a related field with possible post graduate studies in a related discipline; or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
· Minimum of two years experience in providing direct services to youths.
· Experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and support services.
DBS required for this post
Experience must be of a minimum 2 years Send your CV and application to email@example.com
Deadline: Friday 11th August 2023 at 12noon
This project is funded by National Lottery Community Fund